Saturday 15 May 2021

Five Ways To Boost Your Mental Health

Hi Saints! Its mental health awareness week and I've outlined five major ways in which you can boost your mental health without taking any oral medication.

1. Regular Consumption of Healthy Foods:
It's one thing to eat and another thing to have a healthy diet!
When your diet isn't nutritious, your brain cells lacks the ability to coordinate properly and that's when you notice you're anxious the most, weak, depressed, unwilling to interact or assimilate even good news.

I designed this infographic highlighting the foods that boost mental health.


2. Getting enough sleep
Dearly beloved, no matter how busy you think you are, do not ever make the mistake of refusing to sleep.

Why? because you can't function well without sleep. 

Throwback to my Bar exams in May, the days I slept well, I performed better in the exam hall, the days I didn't, I had to take short naps in the hall which wasn't cool at all, as there was limited time but nature had to take it's course.

I asked a Principal of a prestigious Law Firm in Calabar, how he coped, He said " Vicky ehn, me I don't like with sleep o, if it comes I move because I know what lack of sleep has cost me" 

Wo! I didn't even push the question any further. So you too, take note and ensure you have adequate sleep.

3. Limit Screen Time
Social media may be addictive but your health comes first.

Make a conscious decision to put down your phone for atleast an hour ( preferably during the day ) and just breathe.

You could use that 1-hr to meditate and reflect on things that really matter, because 70% of the time, we find ourselves just scrolling through endless and consuming meaningless information.



4. Spend time with loved ones
No matter how busy you are, from time to time, make it a conscious habit to spend some time with your loved ones. 


You don't necessarily need to go shopping with them (if you're on a saving fast) you could invite them over for a cook-in, house cleaning session, or even visit them during brunch or after church service!


5. Exercise Often 

This is very necessary, I noticed when ever I took a walk down my street in the evening, it helped clear my mind off some things and reduce pressure.

There are various ways of exercising, could be by hitting the gym ( that's if you've got some body goals to achieve, skipping, swimming, squatting or even push ups at home.

Pick one and cultivate the habit of doing it and you'll love it gradually.

That's it for today Saints! I pray you find these tips useful and practise them.
Until next time, enjoy God's Love 🖤💛

No comments:

Post a Comment